My Health Chiro is a wellness driven chiropractic practice. Our passion is providing the safest, most effective and highest quality, evidence based care to families, individuals and athletes.
Our mission is to educate and inspire families, individuals and athletes in the Maribyrnong, Maidstone, Footscray, Aberfeldie, Essendon and Ascot Vale area to pursue healthier and happier lives. We know that you are the most important person when it comes to your health so we tailor a program to suit you!
We are all different. We all have individual talents, expertise’s, experiences and goals. We are not designed with a cookie cutter. Why should our healthcare experience be any different?
At our office, the most important person is you! At My Health Chiro our main focus is helping you achieve YOUR goals, not anyone else’s.
Our approach from the start to the end is to help you understand what is going on with your body and how to get to the health goals you are after. Our goal is to;
- Help make sense of your complaint and symptoms
- Explain what it going on in plain English and without all the complicated medical terms
- Identify your individual expectations
- Provide the most professional, effective and up to date treatment
- Help you get from where you are to where you want to be
At our office we believe that each individual has their unique spine which requires their own unique approach.
Our Chiropractors are well skilled, experienced and are constantly learning to provide the most up to date and safest, gentle and most effective form of Chiropractic treatment.
Our Chiropractors use objective and scientific methods to assess the function and condition of your spine. They are also well versed in several adjustment techniques to ensure maximum comfort as well as flexibility for each person.
Our techniques include:
- Sacro-Occipital technique (SOT): This technique is focused on assessing the function of the spine in its entirety. Focusing on how the brain and body communicates through the spinal column itself. This technique utilises gentle low force adjustments using blocks, cranial therapy as well as visceral (organ) applications. This is a popular approach for people with chronic pelvic issues, pregnancy, kids, headaches and chronic ears, nose and throat issues or even digestive issues.
- Diversified Technique: This is your most common technique associated with chiropractors. Here we use our hands to precisely restore movement to spinal joints and stimulate nerves. With this technique you get those “clicks and pops” that most people look forward to. Don’t worry those noises are just gasses being released between those joints, nothing nasty here.
- Activator Technique: Ever heard of a friend describe their chiropractor using a little clicker on their spine? Well this is it. This gentle low force technique uses an instrument to specifically and accurately stimulate spinal nerves and restores motion back to joints without the “popping and clicking”. This technique works well with everyone from nan and pop, mum to bub, as well as extremities.
- Thompson Technique: With this technique we use our specially designed, purpose built tables. Different sections of the table pop up and drop down to help restore motion back to the spine. This is another low force technique that is comfortable and effective for everyone. Especially those poor posture complaints.
DR ANDRE MAISTRY
Dr Andre shares a particular interest in neurology, rehabilitation as well as biomechanics. He is an advocate of healthy living and receives regular chiropractic adjustments as well as constantly improving his fitness.
He is a member of the CAA (Chiropractic Association of Australia), SOTO Australia and regularly attends seminars to continually upskill and maintain current up to date techniques to ensure the best possible treatment for his clients.
Mikayla is one of the Chiropractic Assistants here at My Health Chiropractic. She has been a regular patient in Chiropractic care since she was little, and is passionate about helping other people receive the care and help that they need.
Outside of the office, Mikayla has a passion for the creative arts. She is currently studying a Bachelor of Creative Arts at La Trobe, specialising in Theatre and Film. She has a love for music and loves sharing that and spending quality time with friends and family.
Jayde is one of our Chiropractic Assistants here at My Health Chiropractic. She visits a chiropractor herself and is quite passionate about everything that chiropractic has to offer. She has personally seen the way can help people and this is why she has chose to study chiropractic. Jayde is currently a chiropractic student at RMIT university and is looking forward to helping others when she graduates.
Outside of the office, Jayde enjoys listening to music, travelling and spending time with family and friends.
Our office is modern and inviting. We endeavor to make our office look and feel warm and friendly to all our patients and clients.
We also cater to the many families in the Maribyrnong, Essendon, Footscray, Maidstone and Aberfeldie area. We have a space for your children to stay occupied while you are getting adjusted and treated. We are also a disability friendly practice, with wheelchair access and suitable toilet facilities available.
Our office is located at on the Ground Level at 84 La Scala Avenue, Maribyrnong. We are located at the bottom of the apartment block, opposite from the big park that has the soccer goals on it.
The easiest way to find us is to either drive down Gordon St toward Highpoint Shopping Centre, and turn Right onto Lyric St. You will see the apartment block, where we are located, straight on. Alternatively, you can turn right at the Maribyrnong Aldi at Thomas Holmes Dr and take your first left onto La Scala Ave. It’s super easy to find us!
To find out more about our practice, why not watch a quick office tour video below?